- Brooke presented her research on EVM Evolution at the Core Devs Berlin event. We’ve added the video of her presentation to the FISSION Youtube, plus a link to the slides.
- The PR for Improvements to the Hardfork Meta process that Boris proposed as changes to EIP233 has now been merged. See EIP233 and the Istanbul 1679 Meta EIP.
- We have proposed an EVM Community Group to the W3C. If you are interested in working together on specifying, improving, and extending the EVM, support the proposal and stay tuned!
- Boris published a long blog post explaining Ethereum Governance layers. This continues to be a hot topic as the wider community works on how to manage & collaborate on the global Ethereum network and all its parts.
- Brooke’s presentation from Lambda Days 2019 is now available. View the video on YouTube: “Bridging the Divide A Philosophy of Library Design”.
- We joined the Vyper community call today, as VIP-1345 was up for discussion, on whether or not to include FISSION Codes as a Vyper language feature. As of now, this is approved! 🎉🎉🎉 More interesting links in this Vyper call tweetstorm.
- Brooke hosted a quick jam session with some thoughts on the Actor Model, smart contracts, and sharding. Thanks to Dan Finlay for kicking off the Twitter thread that started it all, and everyone else for dialing in and participating. You can watch the video here. Notes to follow soon!
- The Zero Knowledge Podcast hosted by Anna Rose just published their ETHCC Paris edition, which includes an interview with Boris.
- Boris posted the announcement confirming April 17th & 18th as the dates for an Istanbul Hardfork & ETH1x Roadmap CoreDevs planning meeting. See the post on EthMagicians and signup to attend.
- Bryant kicked off discussion around integrating FISSION Codes into Vyper. We’d love to see integration at the smart contract language layer!
- Thanks for the shoutout to Boris on the Griff Riff #3, featuring Griffin, Griff, and Austin Griffith doing a wrap up of ETHParis and ETHCC. Happy to host your Vans in a Van in Vancouver anytime (yes, there are rivers here).
- Simona Pop of Bounties Network fame invited Boris to be her MC sidekick for the ETHParis opening ceremonies. Watch the magic duo here.
- Brooke published EVM Evolution Roadmap: Towards a More Aggressive Ethereum Execution Engine – she covers the roadmap of potential features, as well as showing how to interoperate with and migrate to ewasm.
- Along with Lane, Boris presented and facilitated a session at ETHCC on the ETH1x Roadmap and upcoming Istanbul Hardfork. The presentation, video, and related tweets are available on Notist.
- Boris is in Paris for the next week, participating in the EthMagicians Council of Paris, ETHCC, and ETHParis. Looking forward to sharing space with the ChainSafe team!
- Brooke is presenting at Lambda Days today, on “Bridging the Divide: A Philosophy of Library Design”.
- This morning we’re hosting an ETH1x Roadmap AMA with Alexey Akhunov, Martin Holst Swende, and more. All the details on EthMagicians forum.
- The ChainID site now has a list of all EVM networks with deeplinks, and is hosted on GitHub Pages.
- Brooke created a Solidity layer for the MacOS emacs client, Spacemacs. For now, syntax highlighting & checking & naive autocomplete.
- Post the Stanford CoreDevs meeting, we’re helping to host an ETH1x Roadmap AMA on Feb 6th, 8am PST, 1700 UTC+1. Register on the Zoom page.
- Megan did a great job of explaining treasury management & crypto accounting on today’s community call. Notes are on EthMagicians, and you can watch the video recording.
- We have stickers! DM Brooke if you want some
- Boris did an initial pull request to revamp the Ethereum Classic ECIP repo into a Jekyll site.
- Thanks to Brooke, you can now access the Ethereum Yellow Paper at yellowpaper.club.
- We’re hosting a community call on the topics of Treasury Management & Crypto Accounting on January 24th. Megan from Veriledger has volunteered to educate us and answer questions. Follow the EthMagicians thread for full details.
- FISSION Codes has been accepted as a draft in the Ethereum Classic repo.
- Boris is joining Pedro from Wallet Connect and ligi from Walleth in co-maintaining a list of Ethereum / EVM-based chains. We’ll be tracking chain IDs and network IDs as well as some basic naming information to start, check out the website at chainid.network.
- Community Call around JSON-RPC standardization for Ethereum clients today, 8am PST. HackMD notes & call details here.
- Announcing a Community Call around JSON-RPC standardization for Ethereum clients: Nov 27th, 8am PST. Full details on EthMagicians.
- FISSION was featured in the ConsenSys Ventures final Tachyon post: Wrapping up the First ConsenSys Tachyon Accelerator
- That’s a wrap! Brooke did a great job presenting FISSION at the Tachyon18 Demo Day in San Francisco.
- We got our FISSION t-shirts! Just in time for presenting at Tachyon18 demo day tomorrow.
- Had a great gathering of Ethereum folks in Oakland for dinner. Hope to see more Bay Area Ethereum.
- Before our memories fade completely, it’s time to share feedback on the EthMagicians Council of Prague. What was good? What was bad? What needs work? Comment in the forum.
- An explanation of our open source budget + cashflow templates on EthMagicians: Discussing Long Term Cashflow and Budgets for Ethereum Projects, Teams, and Individuals
- Back in SF for the final two weeks of the Tachyon18 accelerator. Collaborating with Alex Voto from Consensys on some Ethereum standards explanations.
- Brooke presented ERC1066: Better UX & DX in Just One Byte at Devcon4 today.
- Brooke facilitated an EVM Evolution session at the EthMagicians Council of Prague, and calling for a BOF dinner for anyone interested in EIP 615, EIP 616, & other EVM improvements.
- We’ve signed on to the Canting Tribe standardized NDA project, put together by lawyer/engineer Kyle Mitchell.
- We’ve released a project proposal we call EVM Evolution. Read the Google Doc with details on further evolution and improvements of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, led by Greg Colvin.
- We were on the Gitcoin community livestream talking about SPADE & FISSION. Here’s the video recording.
- Brooke writes up a Vision of FISSION on Medium - Application-level messages for Ethereum and beyond.
- Jenn posted a blog on our Medium: Introducing FISSION Translate: A Global Translation Layer for Smart Contract Communication.
- We’ve released FISSION Translate! FISSION Codes have been refactored to split out translate functionality. We now have ERC1444 accepted as a Draft EIP.
- CEO & Chief Scientist Brooke Zelenka named one of 20 breakout crypto developers. Check out the full list on Prism Labs Xpo Network.
- Ethereum Status Codes are now FISSION Codes! Available for any blockchain or platform that wants one byte status codes. Follow the whole FISSION Suite on Github.
- We’re hosting a community call with the ERC1400 Security Token team. Read the EthMagicians post to sign up and give feedback.
- Brooke posted a Status Codes update on the EthMagicians forum. You can also join the #ethereumstatuscodes channel on our Discord.
- Stephane Gosselin and the Polymath Network team have submitted ERC 1400, a security token standard, which builds on top of EthStatusCodes ERC-1066.
- We’ve joined the ConsenSys Tachyon Accelerator with the Ethereum Status Codes project. Find out about the rest of the #tachyon18 cohort and the program on the ConsenSys blog: Kicking Off ConsenSys’ Tachyon Accelerator Program
- Boris talks about founding SPADE on his blog: Hello SPADE.