Improving and maintaining the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) specification, including a focus on the Jello Paper as a more complete specification for implementers and testers.
The Yellow Paper was the original specification of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
The Jello Paper defines the semantics of the EVM using the KEVM project.
The KEVM semantics described by the Jello Paper is the first machine-executable, mathematically formal, human readable, and complete semantics of the EVM. KEVM is capable of passing the full EVM VMTests and GeneralStateTests testing suites, and can also be used in smart contract formal verification, debugging, and more.
- Purchased and setup a redirect for yellowpaper-dot-io, so that yellowpaper.club points to the PDF
- Kicked off discussion on EthMagicians on making the Jello Paper the canonical representation of the EVM spec
- Requested filing of an issue to generate the Jello Paper as part of CI job
- Write up and submit an Informational EIP to have the Jello Paper accepted as the Canonical Specification for the EVM
- Post issues / bounty for defining the Constantinople EIPs as part of the Jello Paper
- (potential) K-EVM workshop around Council of Paris 2019 / ETHCC